Thursday 2 May 2013

Part Time Paleo (4)

So basicallllllyyyyyyyy I am a top notch Chef... Just call me Chef Fish. 


JOKES! My boyf Physio_Matt (follow him on twitter!) thinks I am the best cook ever OBVZ- but I think this maybe because Matt is always starving and I can serve him the blandest meal ever and I still get heaps of compliments.

If you are an avid reader of my blog (thanks!) then you may know that for the past year or so I have tried to adapt to a paleolithic/ primal way of eating. I have been given a recent kick up the butt by Matt. He recently became of Crossfit Level 1 trainer and whilst on this course he learnt a lot more about primal eating and the zone diet and became an instant convert!

Simply this means a diet consisting of meat, vegetables, nuts, seeds, little fruit and no sugar. 

I obviously include weekly cheats, and the cheats I allow myself correlate to the amount of exercise I have completed. I digress... 

Here is an awesome, simple, quick meal to make that appeals to the taste buds as well as complying to the primal way of eating. I present to you- Coconut Tilapia with roasted red peppers  on a bed of spinach. Recipe below the mouth watering images :)




Recipe

  • Tilapia. Sprinkle the little fillet with the following- salt, pepper, coriander, desiccated coconut, jalepeno peppers and red chilli powder. Bake in the oven on 180 (fan assisted oven) until the flesh is opaque.
  • Red Peppers- deseed and then season with salt, pepper, red chilli powder and EVOO. I think half x2 cherry tomatoes and let these roast inside with a little sprinkling of fresh garlic. Roast in the oven for approx 30 mins on 180 (fan assisted oven) or until the peppers begin to charcoal and curl slightly. 
  • Spinach- wash and then steam- NO nonsense spinach! 


Hey presto! Bon appetite peeps! What do you think of the primal/ paleo food regime? Any recipe ideas for me? Leave them in the comments below!

Lots of Love, 
Liz xxx

2 comments: