Saturday 28 May 2011

Summer Fruit Crumble

Hi Everyone,

Today I have a slightly different post for you all... As you get to know me better, you will discover that I am a foodie... Or to put it simply, I love eating... And I love eating a certain type of food.... This food would be baked goods... Cupcakes, Big Cakes, Pastries, Bread..... I could go on forever! With this food habit, one has to be careful to find a healthy food balance, and so a simple, home baked dessert that I have learnt to enjoy is a fruit crumble! The fruit crumble I made most recently contained strawberries and blackberries, but the fruit possibilities are endless.... apple and rhubarb, apricots, blueberries, pears..... you get the jist!

Ingredients-
Fruit of your choice (I chose Strawberries and Blackberries) 600 grams 
Oats 1 Cup
Unsalted Butter 1 Cup
Plain Flour 1 Cup
Sugar (I like to use soft brown sugar) 1 Cup
Pecans (Use can skip this ingredient or mix up the nut choice!) 2 Handfuls

How to- 
Wash blackberries and add to an oven proof dish...
Wash, de- stalk and halve the strawbz...

Add over the blackberries...

Add one cup of sugar to a large glass bowl...

Add 1 cup of oats and 1 cup of flour to the sugar...

Finally add 1 cup of soft unsalted butter...Then rub all of the ingredients together between your thumbs and forefingers...

I like to add pecans to the top of my crumble to add extra crunch and a nutty flavour...

Add the crumble mixture to the prepared fruit... don't worry if the crumble clumps, this will settle in the oven...

Last pre oven shot...

After being oven baked for around 20 mins.... Just ensure your crumble is golden brown (oven temp 180C)

The finished dessert! I like to enjoy mine with a dollop of greek yogurt!
Hope you all enjoyed this food related post! 
You can also enjoy this dessert with yogurt, custard, ice cream......


What's your fave relatively HEALTHY dessert?
Love,
Liz xxx

1 comment: