Saturday 25 August 2012

Part- Time Paleo (2)

No-Oatmeal

I love Friday nights. My work week is done and I am excited for me weekend ahead, this one especially because its a Bank Holiday (skips with Joy!). On Friday night I decided to do some food prep to get me back on the paleo track.

The one food item I am missing the most is my porridge/ oatmeal breakfast, so when I saw TuesdaysMom (Instagram) posted a snap of a Paleo Oatmeal I had to try it.

On Friday night I chose to make my own apple sauce as I had a lot of apples on the way out and did not fancy scouring the supermarket for unsweetened stuff. I googled away and found a very simple 'how-to' recipe.

1. Core and Quarter 4-6 small apples of your choice
2. Boil in 2 cups of water for ten minutes (skin will wrinkle, apples will soften)
3. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon and vanilla extract to your softened apples
4. Return to the heat, and gently simmer (lid off) for a further thirty minutes.
5. Mash or food process the mixture, et voila!
6. Store the apple sauce in the fridge, add to yogurt, ice cream, scrambled eggs or make my No-Oatmeal!

No-Oatmeal Breakfast (see what I did there?!)

Basic Ingredients- measurements can vary depending on consistency, taste you prefer.
Unsweetened Apple Sauce (4 tablespoons)
Almond Butter (1-2 tablespoons)
Unsweetened Almond/ Coconut Milk (1-2 tablespoons)

My creative additions- try any fruit/ nut/ seed combo you like.
Half a Banana
Handful of Pecans
Sprinkle of Cinnamon

1. Heat on low all the basic ingredients above until binded seamlessly.
2. Poor into your breakfast bowl and sprinkle with creative additions.
3. Consume.

Picture from Instagram LizFish1

Now give yourself and pat on the back for staying committed and living a healthy lifestyle! What are my fellow Paleo Warriors eating today??

Liz xxx






















Now give yourself a tap on the back for staying focused and living a healthy lifestyle! Hope you enjoyed this post! What are my fellow 'Paleo Warriors' eating today??

Liz xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment